We are currently in the process of trying to design our dream bathroom, we have lived in our current house for almost 8 years now! Wow! I really can’t believe it’s been 8 years already! When we moved in the bathroom was OK; a big jacuzzi bath, large corner shower unit with a sink and toilet unit which has built in cupboards. It’s not very stylish but the bath wowed us and we’ve been pretty happy with it until things started falling to pieces, then the shower broke, not to mention the toilet cistern flooding through the ceiling into my kitchen!
So finally we are ready to put together our dream bathroom, we want a really stylish bathroom but it has to be low maintenance, so we’ve come up with a few tips that are helping us decided.
- A walk-in shower like the one pictured above is a necessity! My current cubicle is the absolute bain of my life, one of the doors is hanging off and it is so hard to get to all the nooks and crannies to keep clean and I cannot stand cleaning glass so it must have as little glass as possible.
- Low maintenance ceiling tiles are an absolute must! Gone are the days of me scrubbing the mould off my painted ceiling… you can get some gorgeous ceiling tiles nowadays that are easy to wipe clean.
- A steam free mirror with light is high on my list as I am tired of all the streaks and smudges that people currently put all over my mirror when it is steamed up. I end up cleaning it everyday because of this.
- Any cupboards will be handle free and soft closing. There will be enough cupboard space for all toiletries, make-up, cleaning essentials and toilet rolls and will be organised inside with little baskets.
- Keep everything as clutter free and simple as possible.
Take a look at my Pinterest board for lots of gorgeous bathroom ideas…
Have you any tips that you could give me? Have you designed a bathroom recently and found something that you couldn’t live without? I would love to hear so please leave me a comment if so 🙂