Back in early December Pantone announced its colour of the year for 2015 as 18-1438 Marsala, calling “a naturally robust and earthy red” I have always loved a warm red wine colour but I’m not brave enough to use a lot of rich colour in my live so I’ve been having a think about some effective ways to use Pantone’s colour of the year and this is what I’ve come up with…
Ten effective ways to use Pantone’s colour of the year…
- Lipstick – Marsala would make a perfect lipstick for me, I always opt for a deep red!
- Nails – Same as my lips I’m always happy when I have a deep red on my nails too!
- Shoes!! – Oh yes this colour would make an amazing pair of high peep toe heels!
- Wedding – I always wanted a deep red for the theme colour of my wedding and after having a look round on Pinterest I am hooked… Now to get the Mr to propose 😉
- Hair – I was already bang on trend with my hair…
- Flowers – A beautiful vase full of Marsala coloured roses or peonies, or I’d LOVE a Marsala coloured vase with a bouquet of cream roses… that would look amazing!
- Furniture – Such an amazing colour for a sofa! I did have one a similar colour once and loved it!
- Wallpaper – I wouldn’t be brave enough to paper a whole room in this colour but definitely one wall I could mange. It would look gorgeous with a lovely cream.
- Bathroom – I could see this colour in my bathroom, bath towels, mats etc – even a gorgeous Marsala roll top bath!
- Clothes – Just checking the shops there are so many gorgeous clothes available in Marsala, tailored trousers, a gorgeous leather jacket, stylish shirts, amazing undies, fitted skirts, scarves, hats, gloves… so much choice!
Check out the Pinterest board I have made, it’s made up of some amazing Marsala coloured shoes, bags, coats, nails etc – if you didn’t like Marsala I am sure you will after having a little look at this. I am definitely going to be adding Marsala to my wardrobe before the month is out!
What do you think of Pantone’s colour of the year? How would you use it?