Last week Boo was set a challenge to make something either useful or decorative out of an old plastic bottle by her school Eco-team. As soon as she mentioned it I remembered these Easter baskets from My Little Three and Me that I had seen when doing one of my round up posts; I mentioned them to Boo and she loved the idea so that’s just what we did.
We basically followed the instructions that Emma at My Little Three and Me gives but we added our own little touches as Boo had some fab ideas of her own 🙂
What we used…
- 4 pint plastic milk bottle (washed and dried)
- coloured paper
- acrylic paints
- chicks and chocolate eggs for decoration
How we made it…
- First we cut out our basket and handle from the old milk bottle.
- Boo then painted daisies on the handle and set aside to dry.
- We cut out tulips and stems from the coloured paper and glued them to the milk bottle.
- Boo then painted grass around the bottom of the milk bottle and set aside to dry.
- Whilst the basket was drying Boo sliced up some green paper using the guillotine and then placed it inside the basket to make it look like grass.
- Once everything was dry I stapled the handle on to the basket and voila our very own pretty Easter basket 🙂
Boo really enjoyed making this basket and she is really hoping that she wins the challenge at school this week. The whole class will be voting on the best item made, I’d say she was in with a pretty good chance 😉
If you are looking for more crafts; do go and visit My Little Three & Me as Emma has an incredible blog full of amazing crafts 🙂
Thanks for the inspiration Emma x