The lovely people at Mountain Warehouse contacted me a few weeks ago to see if I would like to review one of their winter coats. I was desperately in need of a new coat so jumped at the chance. I chose the Antarctic Extreme Womens Down Jacket which is currently available for £124.99 instead of £249.99. It is available in black sizes 10-18.
If there is one thing that I hate it is being cold when I am outdoors, i have to get up and do the school run everyday and it has been so cold recently so the coat already has been used an awful lot!I am totally in love with this jacket! I have never been cold in it, it is so snug, just like wearing a duvet! My other half is so jealous of my gorgeous new coat I think I am going to have to buy him one too. LOL
The Antarctic Extreme Womens Down Jacket is a high performance, warm winter jacket. Fully waterproof, breathable and with taped seams, this jacket will ensure you stay dry and comfortable in a downpour. The fur trim hood and casual longline design make this a practical yet stylish piece for winter too. With a 75% down 25% feather filling as well as a full down proof lining, you’re sure to stay snug in the Antarctic Extreme Womens Down Jacket
- Waterproof – Our IsoDry fabric has a waterproof and breathable membrane to allow perspiration out, but keep you dry
- Taped Seams – Taped seams make this garment fully waterproof
- Down – 75% duck down and 25% feather make this Jacket extremely warm
- Downproof Lining – Stops feathers and the filling of the jacket from poking through
- Hood – Adjustable for a close fit, detachable for dry days, and a faux fur trim for extra warmth
- Adjustable Waist – Elastic cord with plastic toggles lets you draw the waist in for a better fit
- Inner Rib Cuffs – Adjustable cuff with a Velcro strap and an inner ribbed cuff for warmth and comfort- also helps prevent water from getting in at the cuffs
- Lots of Pockets – One internal MP3 player/mobile phone pocket, four front zipped security pockets, and two large front popper pockets
- Heat Rating – Laboratory tested to -30C. Health & physical activity, exposure time & perspiration will affect performance & comfort
I would highly recommend this jacket if you are looking for a new one! It is incredible warm but I’ve never been too hot in it, waterproof, has a well fitted hood, it also has side pockets if you are a hands in pockets type of girl like I am! I love the length of the jacket too, it comes to the tops of my legs so covers my bum – which is a must for any jacket! It is incredibly well made, thick and padded and I actually look forward to going out in the cold now as I know that I am going to be lovely and snug.
This jacket is perfect for the school run but it’s also perfect for long winter weekend walks, sledging and anything you need to be outdoors for this winter!
Take a look at the Mountain Warehouse website for more info and many more outdoor clothing products.