Last year I turned 40 *gulp* At the start of the year I made a list of things I wanted to do before my birthday. Some of those things I managed to do and some I didn’t but having the list really made me focus on what I did want from life and made me actually try harder to go out and get it. So today I thought I would make myself another list of things that I want to do before I die because I am really lacking focus at the moment and am not really sure where I am going with my life. I really don’t like the term bucket list… I’ve no idea why but there is just something about it.
We decided a few years ago that we would forget buying each other presents on birthdays and opt for an experience instead. James took me indoor skydiving last year, I took him quad biking, Boo got a trip to Warner Bros Studio tour and Bugs went trampolining so we are keeping to our little rule but I’m terrible and just cannot let a birthday go by without buying a few presents too!
Anyway without further ado, here is my list of experiences I would like to do before my time here on planet earth ends, having a list to work through really helps me with my goals and I also have them in my mind if someone asks what I want for Christmas etc.
- Get married.
- Have a Supercar experience.
- Eat at a Michelin starred restaurant.
- Go White Water Rafting.
- Drive a Jet Ski… preferably somewhere hot.
- Shower under a waterfall… again preferable somewhere hot.
- Go Whale watching.
- Rent a glass igloo in Finland to watch the Northern lights.
- Ride an Elephant.
- Watch the sunrise and set at a beautiful beach with my other half.
- Soak in the Hot Springs in Iceland.
- Float in the Dead Sea.
- See a shooting star – I have never seen one!!!!
Go on a helicopter ride.
- Get a tattoo… just a small one.
- Take the kids to visit Father Christmas in Lapland.
- Take the kids to Disneyland.
- Go Zorbing on water.
- Move to my perfect home.
- Spend a night in a proper tree house.
I’m sure that there are lots of things that I have missed off the list so I am going to keep adding to it and crossing things off once completed.
What would you add if it was your bucket list?
*This is a sponsored post.