A couple of weeks ago Boo & I were very lucky to get to go to Disneyland Paris for the weekend. We were super excited about this as I have always wanted to go to Disneyland and Boo’s love of Princesses is just a little OTT ;O)
On Friday morning we got to our local train station at 6.15am to wait for out train to St Pancras. Travelling with East Midlands Trains is super easy, thankfully the train was on time and we arrived at St Pancras at 8:38am; it was just a short walk to the Eurostar check-in to meet the Disney team to pick up our Eurostar tickets! I have never been on the Eurostar before so was unsure what to expect – but have to say the service overall was fantastic! Check-in was really quick, no delays, no restriction on baggage allowance, big comfy seats, lovely food and very friendly staff!
The journey on the Eurostar from St Pancras to Disneyland Paris (Marne La Vallée – Chessy) took about 2.5 hours. Marne La Vallée is the Disneyland Resort station which was just a stones throw from our hotel the Disney New York Hotel. We did get a bus to transfer us which made life easy but really wasn’t necessary. The station is right at the entrance of the Disneyland Park and the Disney Studios – so if you were coming for the day you would not have far to go AT ALL!
- Eurostar operates a daily direct service in each direction to Disneyland Resort Paris (daily direct services to the resort do not operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays except during school holidays)
- Fares are from £69 standard class return (adult) £49 return (child aged 4-11 on day of travel)
- Children under 4 years-old travel free (not allocated a seat)
- Standard Premier travel is from £159 return for an adult and £111 return for a child aged 4-11
- Connecting fares available from more than 200 stations in the UK
- 2h 47 from London, 2h 27 minutes from Ebbsfleet and 2h 03from Ashford, Kent
Tickets are available from http://www.eurostar.com/ or from Eurostar’s contact centre on 08432 186 186
We were at Disneyland Paris to experience Disney’s Enchanted Christmas which I have to say was absolutely MAGICAL! I cannot think of a better time to go to Disneyland Paris! Walking down Main Street, USA in Disneyland Park when it starts to snow is totally AMAZING! Boo’s face was absolutely priceless! I shall never ever forget that!
The decorations are totally amazing! Walking around in the dark is just really unbelievable! I have seen many Christmas decorations in my time but none match up to the gorgeous display that Disneyland put on! I actually got quite teary eyed at the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – it was so beautiful and I am so pleased I got to experience it with my little Princess!
Other amazing moments which we experienced during Disney Enchanted Christmas were –
- Meeting Santa in his Christmas Village – this was absolutely lovely! We also got to see where his reindeer sleep! You can post your children’s wish list here too and get a reply from Santa a few weeks after your visit!
- Meet Santa Goofy – I think this was one of Boo’s highlights of our trip! She got to climb on his sleigh and have a dance & cuddle with him! LOVED it!
Mickey’s Magical Celebration – This is a show on the stage in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle where Mickey takes on the role as the Sorcerer’s Apprentice! Really brilliant and the highlight was when the Disney Princesses came on stage of course 😉
There are also many other shows and great Christmas highlights! Far too many too mention! But I would say if you are thinking of going to Disneyland Paris then Christmas really is the time to go!
We also got to enjoy lots of rides in both of the parks. Our favourites being Le Carrousel de Lancelot, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, It’s a Small World, Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups, Slinky Dog ZigZag Spin, Cars Quatre Roues Rallye and many many more!
During Disney’s Enchanted Christmas prices for a two-night three-day package including return travel with Eurostar in December 2011 start from £1087.20 for a family of two adults & two children (aged 3-6yrs). The price includes return travel with Eurostar, two nights’ accommodation with continental breakfast at Disney’s Hotel New York and three day hopper tickets for the Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park and is based on two adults sharing.
The same package staying at Disney’s Hotel Santa Fe starts from £878.40 for a family of two adults & two children (aged 3-6yrs)
For more information about a family break to Disneyland Paris, call direct on 08448 008 111 or visit http://www.disneylandparis.com/