The lovely people from Royal Albert set the kids a lovely challenge recently to treat their Mum… well I couldn’t say no to that could I 😉 They were sent a gorgeous Cheeky Pink Royal Albert cake stand and cup and saucer as well as a recipe for some cupcakes and some vouchers to go and buy all the ingredients to make Mum some lovely cupcakes…
Lero & Boo had such fun making the cupcakes and Bugs even helped to decorate them. They looked beautiful displayed on the gorgeous cake stand which I am over the moon with! I can’t stop looking at the Royal Albert website now and am really quite excited about their new range from Miranda Kerr which is coming soon!
The cupcakes were amazing so much so that I just have to share the recipe with you…
For the cupcakes
180g/6oz butter, softened
180g/6oz caster sugar
180g/6oz plain flour
1 heaped tsp baking powder
3-4 tbsp milk
2 free-range eggs
For the icing
125g/4oz butter, softened
250g/8oz icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
small drop red food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place all of the cupcake ingredients, except the raspberries, into a food processor and mix until well combined. Add more milk, if necessary, to get the mixture to a soft drop consistency.
- Put one spoonful of the mixture into the cases, then follow with 2-3 raspberries, and another spoonful of mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until risen and golden-brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the icing, beat the butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Carefully stir in the icing sugar and continue to beat for five minutes. Beat in the milk and food colouring.
- Decorate the cupcakes with the icing and top each cupcake with a raspberry.
Seriously the cupcakes not only look amazing they have to be one of the most delicious cupcakes that I have ever tasted and I got served a lovely cup of tea in my new cup & saucer too!
Such a lucky Mummy I am!
Make sure you treat your Mum this Mothers Day! Which is Sunday 30th March incase you didn’t know! Mums do such an amazing job they really do deserve to be treated like a Princess once a year at least xxx