I have been missing beauty boxes recently, I love getting treats through my door just for me each month and I was just trying to decide which to sign up to when I got an discount code from The Libbie Club drop into my inbox. So it didn’t take much twisting of my arm I instantly headed over and signed up! Read more
Ok those of you who are regular readers will know that I get my nails done at a Salon every three weeks; I have Gelish nails and I love them!
Being the penny pincher that I am; I am really wanting to get myself a kit so I can do them at home! But I am confused and would really like your opinions on what to buy! I would just go for Gelish straight off but it is expensive… so I need to know what is as good as Gelish, if not better?
What kit should I buy or avoid? Would you recommend me doing them at home or am I just better off staying with my nail technician?
Back in December 2011 I reviewed Glossybox on This Mummy Loves – I was sent a box each month for 9 months and absolutely loved it! When it stopped coming I was quite sad so when I saw this post from Amanda at the Ana Mum Diary I decided I would subscribe myself, especially now I have decided to give up smoking I have a little spare cash each month and I thought it would be perfect to treat myself. So today my Glossybox arrived and I am super pleased with it!
I received May’s Glossybox which is their 2nd birthday edition and have subscribed for three months for now but I can already see myself continuing with my subscription when it expires! I love to get little treats each month and the Glossybox is perfect for doing just that!
The Contents –
- Caudalie – Divine Oil 15ml (Full size £4.05) – This smells absolutely gorgeous and can be used on body, face, hair, nails, in the bath or used as a massage oil! I think this has to be my favourite product from the box!
- Jelly Pong Pong – Fairy Lashes Mascara (Full size £15.00) – Was just about to purchase a new mascara so was really pleased when this arrived, haven’t tried it yet but it looks great!
- L’occitane En Provence – Angelica Hydration Cream (15ml received – full size is 50ml and costs £30.00) – Smells lovely & is a really great consistency, not too thick and smoothes in really well, not at all greasy.
- Beautiful Movements Cosemtics – Prime & Create Mixing Medium (2.5g received – full size is 20g and costs £20.00) – This can be used alone as a primer or mixed with foundation for an airbrush effect, with powder blushers and bronzers to create a cream tint or with eye shadow pigments to create liquid eyeliners. Personally I would use this as a primer as I love how it feels under my foundation.
- Headline Colours – Poolside Party Nail Colours (full size £9.00) – We received twisted Silk which is a very pale pink/lilac colour – it’s not really a colour for me but my daughter Maisie loves it 😉 She already has a coat on her toes and it has gone on really well. I only ever put one coat on her nails so it comes off easily but for me I would use two as directed. I get a Gelish manicure every three weeks so nail polish isn’t something I will ever use but it seems to be a good polish.
- Also included was a Glossy Box Birthday treat which is a pack of mini nail files these are really cute and perfect for my handbag!
Thanks Glossybox I have loved my first box as a proper subscriber and I cannot wait until June :O)
I was recently sent some Soap & Glory goodies to review! I LOVE Soap & Glory! It is always high on my Christmas list and I always stock up on the gifts sets after Christmas in the sales if there is any left! I’ve never tried any from the Sugar Crush range before so I was really pleased when I got these products as I love citrus products and these are no let down!Body Buttercream £10.50
Body Wash £6.50
Wake up and smell the citrus! Soap & Glory’s utlra-rich body buttercream is loaded with shea & cocoa butter, almond & coconut oil and a super-refreshing double-citrus whammy of uplifting lime oil and smoothing lime tree blossom extract.
Body Scrub £8.00
Soap & Glory’s energising, revitalising fresh & foamy body wash (and bath bubbles) scented with freshly squeezed lime. Also featuring COOLCAPSULE™X to cool and refresh, radiance-boosting KIWI WATER JUICE and our super creamy M-SUDS™ moisture boosting base with skin conditioners. Pairs perfectly with similarly scented SUGAR CRUSH body buff and body buttercream.
Super scrub with smashed brown sugar and sweet lime, almond oil & macadamia grains.
I have to say these are my FAVOURITE Soap & Glory products I have ever tried! I am totally hooked! They smell delicious (abit like Opal Fruits – Erm Starburst) If my kids got me these for Mother’s Day I would be over the moon!
If you get yourself over to the Soap & Glory Facebook page you can win yourself (or your Mum) a year’s supply of Soap & Glory stuff! https://www.facebook.com/SoapandGlory
Orly The Original French Manicure Pink Kit contains all you need to create a classic nude French Manicure.
This complete kit includes all you need to achieve salon quality results in the comfort of your own home. Featuring a best-selling top & base coat with a pure white polish for chic tips and a sophisticated nude toned pink;
Enter via the Rafflecopter below – Good Luck x
I’m having my nails done on Thursday so I’ve just been having a look round Pinterest for some ideas! I love all of these!
I was over the moon last year to be a MAD blog award finalist and would really love to be there again this year! This blog qualifies for Best New Blog if you think it might qualify 😉 I would be eternally grateful of course 🙂