During October I am taking part in #Blogtober18, where I write a blog post everyday for the whole month. Mandi over at Big Family Organised Chaos is hosting a linky each day where she also gives a prompt for us to write about. Today’s prompt is ‘10 Facts About You’ so here they are; 10 facts that you may or may not know about me…
- I was born in the middle of the Peak District and lived there for the first 30 years of my life. I miss it so much nowadays, we don’t live too far away but where we do live is so different and certainly not as beautiful.
- I have two brothers and two sisters and out of all of us I am the only one with no middle name! Which I hated when I was younger! My best friend’s both had Louise as their middle name and I always wanted that too. Funnily enough my daughter’s middle name is Louise 😉
- I used to work in The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop in Bakewell, we used to have quite a few celebrities in the shop but the one that shocked me the most was when I looked up to be serving Sir Cliff Richard. Small Bakewell Pudding? Yes of course you can Cliff 😉
- I didn’t leave the country until I was 30! My parents have never left the country, we always had our holidays in either Great Yarmouth or Scarborough as kids. I can’t say that I felt like I missed out really but I do love to travel and go on adventures now.
- When I was little I fell out of the back of my dad’s van while he was driving down the road. Thankfully it was in a quiet village and I didn’t get hurt apart from a bit of bruising.
- I have been blogging since 2001. My first blog was called Alive and Bloggin’ and was basically a diary of my life, I’d post 2 to 3 times a day and had an amazing community of friends mainly from the US who I am still friends with now.
- In 2008 I started my own photography business called Sonia Thorpe Photography, when Bugs came along in 2010 I kind of slowed down and never really went back to it. I really do miss all the babies that I used to photograph but really not the toddlers and older kids… they do say never work with children or animals 😉
- My only regret in life so far is not pursuing my dream of becoming a midwife.
- I have three amazing children. One of whom is now an adult and will turn 22 next week, Boo my only girl has just turned 12 and Bugs the baby is 8. My kids are my life!
- I absolutely love gin and tonic! Until a couple of years ago I actually thought I didn’t like it but now I am obsessed with trying different gins and building up my bottle collection 🙂
That’s all from me today. Happy Saturday everyone 🙂