A while ago now I was challenged to use the Blackberry Z30 as my main phone for a week to see how I liked it! I love getting little challenges like this it really makes blogging so much fun!
As soon as I opened the box I instantly loved the size of the phone, the bigger screen compared to my other phone was just such a lovely thing! I really liked the feel of the phone in my hands, it felt sturdier… better even!
I have used a Blackberry Curve 9320 before so I was quite familiar with how Blackberry works and it didn’t really cause me any major confusion. Although the Z30 is a totally different, far better phone than the 9320 there are still similarities within the operating system, settings etc I imagine someone who changes from another brand to the Z30 could be quite confused at first but that is the same for anyone changing to another brand I’m sure.
Ten Things I LOVE about the Blackberry Z30…
- The screen size! Yes the 5″ display is just fab! It makes browsing the Internet so much nicer and it’s pretty fast too! I LOVE using this phone for browsing the web! No problems at all reading or commenting on any blog!! This cannot be said for other brands!
- The Blackberry Hub – Having all my notifications and alerts in one place is brilliant!
- Bedside mode – I love being able to slip into Bedside mode when I don’t want to be disturbed!
- I can also sync with my iTunes library! I thought my music would be lost forever but no!!! 🙂
- BBM Messenger – Keep in touch with friends with a Blackberry using BBM messenger for free!
- BBM video – Just like face time on an iPhone you can keep in touch with other Blackberry users by video call.
- Docs To Go – This allows you to create word, excel and powerpoint files and makes sharing them really easy! I love being able to use this feature when I’m out and about and have ideas for blog posts etc. I’ve written many of blog posts while in bed LOL and I can keep up with my expenses using excel!
- Battery life is brilliant! I’ve been charging every other day which is a bit different from twice a day with my iPhone 😉
- Responsive text! I just love being able to flick the words that I want onto the screen! The touch keyboard on the Blackberry is so much more user friendly than any I have used! Once you get used to it 😉
- Remember – I love this app it makes my life so much easier! Especially being able to add photos, attachments and voice notes to each of my entries!
Did I manage a week without using my iPhone?
I’d be lying if I said I did… I almost did! I really LOVE the Blackberry Z30… I do, I do!! It’s just it does’t have the proper instagram app and that for me is just *screams* horrifying! There is an alternative app called iGrann but it’s just not the same *sob*
So yes I managed a week, I’ve actually managed a couple of months now because the Blackberry Z30 has fantastic battery life and I just find it totally brilliant!
This phone won’t be for everyone but if you are a Blackberry user then I’d say without a doubt you will LOVE it!
Find out more about the Blackberry Z30 here.