Hi, It’s Dawnie Brown here, Sonia’s sister and also guest reviewer 🙂 You can also find me over my personal blog Knees Up Mother Brown (Excuse the shameless plug for my own blog 😉 ) Since I was last over here I have become the proud mummy of Oscar Findlay Brown born on Valentines Day (6 weeks early).
I was kindly sent a breast feeding top by Bella Mama to review a little while back and now things have settled down a bit with Oscar I’ve finally had chance to sit down and write you a review about it. Bella Mama was set up by Kirsten and is a small, busy boutique specialising in chic, contemporary breastfeeding clothing and transitional maternity wear for new mamas, blending fabulous style with amazing comfort. To complement this, they also offer a lovely range of beautiful baby bags, swaddling blankets, nursing necklaces, nursing covers, changing mats and indulgent skincare.
The top that I was sent was the Maia top in black and despite me being dubious about breast feeding clothes (after all most are incredibly dull and not very stylish) I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It had a very flattering fit and looked very pretty whilst on. In fact even now I’ve stopped breastfeeding I still wear it! Bella Mama Maia Breast Feeding Top
This top is their best-selling top and was a finalist in Practical Pregnancy’s best feeding top category. Bella Mama say this about it:
- Our beautiful Maia breastfeeding top is flattering, stylish and doesn’t even whisper ‘nursing top’…
- Pretty layers at the hemline are echoed in the sleeves, whilst the simple ruching and tie detailing at the neckline give the top a gorgeous girlie edge.
- Vee neck and longer length give an elegant, slimming effect – fab for new mums!
- Super soft stretch fabric feels lovely to wear, and creates a top which is elegant and comfortable
- Fit: Regular
- Length: Medium
- Nursing Access: lift the top layer to access two generous openings. The under layer goes all the way around to keep your back and tummy covered whilst you are feeding. * Washing: Machine Wash, Line dry. Do NOT tumble dry.
- Brand: Bella Mama
Now I only breastfed Oscar for 3 weeks and he was on the neonatal ward for most of that time and tube fed for the first week. Most of my time during those 3 weeks was spent either expressing milk for tube feeding or establishing breastfeeding with him and most of this was done whilst sat next to his cot in the neonatal ward. Not the most peaceful or private place to be doing either expressing or breastfeeding. With doctors, nurses, other parents walking past every 5 minutes, there really wasn’t much privacy. The Bella Mama top proved a godsend though as it allowed me to express or breastfeed without feeling exposed in such a busy environment and it was incredibly easy to use.
I think this top is fantastic and if I had managed to continue breastfeeding I would most definitely be going and buying some more tops from Bella Mama as they have a huge variety of styles and colours which look fantastic and are brilliantly practical too!
Kirsten is kindly giving away one of the Bella Mama Maia Breast feeding Tops (size 10-14) away to one of my lucky readers.
How to enter – You must visit Bella Mama and have a look around and come back here and comment letting me know your favourite product from the site.
For extra entries you can do any of the actions below but please leave a separate comment for each entry and please leave a way of contacting you either email or twitter 🙂
- Follow my blog via GFC
- Follow me on twitter @SoniaThorpe
- Follow Belle Mama on twitter @BellaMama_
- Tweet the following message “I want to win a breastfeeding top in @SoniaThorpe blog giveaway – http://thismummyloves.blogspot.com“
Good luck – the winner will be drawn on Friday 15th April at 8pm – UK entries only please xxx