My other half wrote this for his Facebook a while ago now and I thought I would share it as it made me chuckle. I’m hoping he starts to write more as I love to get his perspective on things… maybe I can convince him to start a blog or maybe just write posts for mine ;D
10 Definitions of Fatherhood
1. Elation: Birth of your child – they come out covered in blood and mucus and screeching like Beelzebub’s offspring….and you love them completely with all your heart.
2. Warmth: The sensation of fresh sick running down your back after you have winded them.
3. Luck: the delight at putting your shoes on, only to find it impossible because of the car key put there for safe keeping.
4. Resignation: The point at which it is OK sitting in your child’s piss as a minor annoyance, when in a dash for the loo.
5. Anger: not being able to get to said loo because, just before you announce your desperate need, and make a swift advance…you are impeded by a faster, smaller member of your family who suddenly decided they are also desperate!
6. Patience: waiting for the little sod to finish.
7. Responsibility: not getting the wine in on a Friday night.
8. Irresponsibility: not getting the wine in on a Friday night.
9. Surprise: Forgetting how quietly little feet are when in heat of passion ….or perhaps, how quickly little people learn to read adult texts over your shoulder.
10. De-light: The thing they will not stop turning off and on at bedtime.
Turns out I’m both responsible and irresponsible because I never fail to get the wine in on a Friday night… or a Saturday ;D