You might not have noticed but there has been a massive craze in the past couple of months for these awesome little elastic bands!
Boo came home from a friends a couple of months ago with some loom bracelets and was keen to get started on making her own!
It’s so easy to get started; we bought a pack of bands from a local shop for £1.00 and we haven’t looked back since!
Here are ten of our favourite loom bracelets that we have made so far, the first four are made without a loom too so you can get started for very little cost 🙂
1. Single loop – These are the easiest loom bracelets, Boo has made hundreds! They are very quick and simple to make and keep Boo happy for hours!
2. Fishtail – Another one that Boo does quickly on her fingers! A little bit harder than single loop but Boo makes with ease!
3. Dragon Scale – We did this on a fork, it can be quite tricky to keep it all on at first, just make sure you keep it all pulled back! Boo managed to make this one too!
4. Hexafish – Getting a little bit trickier, this uses two forks! This baffled me for a while then I finally got it!
5. Starburst – This was the first we did on a cheap loom, it took me a few goes to understand it initially!
6. Ladder – This is was done on a loom too – Boo sets up all the bands and then I do all the hooking as she finds that bit the hardest.
7. Triple Single – Boo loves making these ones! They look ace 🙂
8. Extravaganza – I think this one is my favourite, the trickiest one I have made!
9. Pentalock – I did this one and then at the last minute as I was taking it off the loom I realised that I hadn’t hooked one of the bands and it fell to pieces, Boo was gutted so I had to do it all over again 😉
10. Zippy Chain – Last but not least the zippy chain! We love making rainbow coloured loom bracelets! They really cheer us up 🙂
Since making these bracelets we have bought one of the original Rainbow Looms and are loving it so much! We will share some of our favourite bracelets from that soon too!
Happy looming :O)