My other half wears a suit every day for work and I find it a constant struggle to keep them looking good. It is vital that men’s suits for business or even women’s suits are kept looking in perfect condition if you want to set the right impression. So here are some tips that I have used over the years that have really helped.
1. Always hang your suit on a good sturdy hanger preferably wooden when you are not wearing it, this will help keep it free of creases. Never leave it in a heap on the floor!
2. Make sure you have a good quality clothes brush and give it a good brushing regularly to remove any dirt and dust.
3. If you don’t wear it very often then store it in a suit bag to protect from dust and moths etc.
4. Have it professionally dry cleaned but only when absolutely necessary as the chemicals used can damage the material.
5. If you wear your suit daily make sure you have a 2 or 3 jackets and at least 5 pairs of trousers to ensure you always have a clean suit on hand.
6. Don’t use the pockets either inside or outside this stretches and misshapen them. It just doesn’t look good when you see someone wearing a suit with the pockets stuffed.
7. Make sure it fits well and get it altered by a professional if needed. A suit that is too small is not only uncomfortable but those seams are going to get punished and will split.
8. If you need to fold your suit then make sure you learn how to properly fold it to avoid it getting creased. If it does crease then hang it in the bathroom while you have a nice hot shower and this will help drop them.
I hope you find these tips useful and if you have any of your own then make sure you let me know in the comments below.
* This is a sponsored post.