Welcome to September’s issue of This Mummy Loves… The products that we feature here are ones that we have been sent to try out or ones we have bought ourselves and loved over the last month.
If you would like to have a product featured in the October edition of This Mummy Loves… please send me an email to email@example.com to see if your product is suitable.
Here are some products that we have loved this month…
My kids have been enjoying this snack box that the lovely people at Chewy Moon sent for them to try. Chewy Moon is a subscription healthy snack box for kids which can be sent out weekly, fortnightly and can be paused and restarted at anytime. You can get the first box free and just pay 99p postage after that it is £3.99 plus 99p postage each time. Our box included…
- Cheeky Monkey – Popped Cheese
- Freaky Fruits – Blackcurrant Stars, Apricot Sticks, Cherry Cubes, Peach Cubes and Raspberry Strips.
- Crazy Crunch – Strawberry banana yogurt smoothie bites.
- Strawberry Munch – Strawberry Strings, Strawberry Stars and Strawberry Fruit Hearts.
- Tuttifrutt – Strawberry Fruit Hearts, Mango, Raspberry Fruit Strips, Cranberry and Natural Cherry raisins.
All snacks were 100% natural, nut free and three of them counted as 1 of their 5 a day.
The Breath Company have just launched a revolutionary new oral rinse which has been scientifically developed to use as part of your daily oral care routine to support and maintain healthy gums.
The Breath Company Healthy Gums Oral Rinse is packed with actives and formulated with an ingredient proven to fight gum disease in two ways:
- It eliminates the germs associated with gum disease
- It reduces the formulation of biofilm which leads to plaque and tartar build-up
Used twice daily, the rinse will rapidly improve healthy gum appearance and provides relief from bleeding and sensitivity caused by gingivitis.
The Breath Company Healthy Gums Oral Rinse is £14 from Boots stores nationwide and www.boots.com
School shoes are so expensive nowadays and my kids get through a couple of pairs a year each so it is so important to look after them. I’ve been a bit useless in the past at keeping the school shoes properly polished and often opted for a quick wipe over with a baby wipe but then that is probable why their shoes don’t last very long! This year with the help of Cherry Blossom I am making sure that I keep them in perfect condition.
Cherry Blossom, one of the first (and now only) shoe care ranges produced in the UK, shared these simple steps with me for doing just that:
- Start with clean shoes: as soon as you take the new shoes out of the box, and before they even go on the feet of your family, get them protected.
- Think before you buy: thinking about how you are going to maintain the shoes based on their use will help prolong the life, for example suede shoes will be increasing hard for younger children to keep clean.
- Spray away stains: spray-on protectors are easy to use and designed to add rain and stain repellency to all kinds of footwear.
- Tools of the trade: invest in the right tools. Good quality brushes and cloths are perfect for bringing back the shine to worn shoes
- Preparation: before you apply a polish always ensure you have a clean shoe
- Keep patent pretty: patent shoes are especially popular with very young girls. Avoid the surface drying out and cracking with an easy to use conditioning spray
Cleaning + Maintain
- Keep it clean: Regular cleaning once a week will ensure you maintain quality and longevity.
- Shoe appreciation: Encourage children to clean their own shoes – it will help them appreciate and look after them more while wearing.
- Scuffs and scrapes: be prepared and invest in asponge-on pigmented polish to help hide scuffs, scrapes, and superficial scratches on smooth leather footwear.
Tangerine Confectionery have launched a new addition to the Softies family – Fruit Salad Sour Softies. Sour Softies are a soft and chewy twist on the much loved classic Fruit Salad sweets. If you love the chewy Fruit Salad sweets then you will love these too! Every pack contains two different flavours; Blackcurrant & Lime and Raspberry & Pineapple. My favourites are the blackcurrant & lime but they are both really nice. You can pick them up for about £1 a bag in Tesco, Home Bargains and many other places.
Well that’s all for this month, don’t forget to contact me soon if you have a product that you would like to see in my October edition!