In just under two years time I turn 40 *sobs* Yes I am closing in on the big FOUR ZERO and right now I’m not really feeling all that sad about it. I still feel quite young and able and I just want to pack as much into my life as I possibly can.
As I’ve got older I realise that things don’t really matter all that much to me but time with family and different experiences do. So I am now going to make sure that I pack in lots of different experiences before I get too old.
We decided on my other half’s 40th birthday that we would forget the presents on birthdays and opt for an experience instead. We’ve not been that great at keeping to that so far but we definitely are packing a lot more in each year.
Anyway without further ado, here is my list of experiences I would like to do before my 40th, there are quite a few so they probably won’t all happen but having a list to work through really helps me with my goals and I also have them in my mind if someone asks what I want for Christmas etc.
- Get married – I’ve never really bothered about getting married but I think it is something I would like to do and I would definitely like it to happen before I hit my 40th.
Swim with Dolphins– I’ve wanted to do this for so long! Indoor Skydiving– I’ve wanted to do this for ages, it looks like so much fun. I would never jump out of an aeroplane so this would be the next best thing.
- White Water Rafting – I think I would love to do this but I would be a bit scared!!! I just found lots of these experiences on the Into the Blue website and they look really reasonably priced so I think this will have to be the first to tick off my list.
- Drive a Jet Ski… preferably somewhere hot.
- Shower under a waterfall… again preferable somewhere hot.
- Go Whale watching
- Rent a glass igloo in Finland to watch the Northern lights.
- Ride an Elephant
- Watch the sunrise and set at a beautiful beach with my other half.
- Soak in the Hot Springs in Iceland
- Float in the Dead Sea.
- See a shooting star – I have never seen one!!!!
- Go on a helicopter ride with the kids.
- Get a tattoo… just a small one.
- Take the kids to Lapland.
- Take the kids to Disneyland.
- Go Zorbing on water.
- Make my home perfect.
- Drive a racing car.
Realistically I’m never going to be able to do all of these before I am 40, so it’s probably more like a ‘things to do before I die’ bucket list but like I said it’s good to have goals and desires 😉 I’m sure there are lots of things that I have missed out so I am going to keep adding to this and crossing things off once completed.
What would you add if it was your bucket list?