Last Friday was my other half’s 40th birthday so I took him to Eden Hall Day Spa as a surprise. We don’t often get to spend any time together relaxing so I booked us the majestic stay package for a real treat! I managed to keep this a complete surprise until we were about ten minutes away and then he realised where we were going!
I had never been to Eden Hall before but James went a few years ago after I bought him a voucher for his birthday, he really enjoyed it back then and after our disappointing spa day earlier this year he was delighted to be going back to Eden Hall! James had sung Eden hall’s praises after he went there so I was really looking forward to going and getting a little bit of benefit out of his birthday present!
So the majestic stay package includes…
- A day at the spa with full access to the saltwater vitality swimming pool, spa pools, outdoor hot tubs, heated rooms. You can get active in their gymnasium or one of their exercise classes.
- A fabulous three course lunch.
- Robe and towels provided for your day.
- Feel pampered with an exclusive treatment to help you unwind and float away into complete relaxation. A stress melting massage concentrating on the face, neck, shoulders, arms and scalp followed by an intensive anti-ageing hand treatment and a delightful foot treatment to nourish and condition neglected feet.
- Then stay at Manor Court in the luxurious Queen’s Suite with a glass of house champagne on arrival and a delicious breakfast in the morning.
This package costs £395 for two people and let me tell you now, it is worth every single penny!
We arrived at Eden Hall about 9.50 am, my plan was to get there for 9am but bad traffic and Maxwell being poorly with his asthma meant we were delayed slightly, it was rather a stressful morning for us both so walking into Eden Hall was exactly what we needed. We registered and were given times for our treatments and lunch and given our locker keys. My locker was brilliant as it had a keypad that was activated by a 4 digit code that I could select so I didn’t have to worry about my key for the whole day, James was a little disappointed by this as he had to carry his wherever he went
We got changed into our swimwear straight away and made good use of the gorgeous pool and heated rooms, my favourite of all was the tropical rain shower, I could have spent all day in it; James always prefers the hottest steam room and I get too hot in those after 5 minutes. The pool is really lovely, it has two spa pools at one end and the other end you can actually swim outside.
After we spent some time in the pool we went outside to the outdoor hot tubs – these are amazing! While we were in them in the afternoon it chucked it down with rain and it was just bliss to be able to sit there nice and warm in the outdoors watching the rain pelt down! This was my favourite part of the whole day!
We heard people talking about sitting in them when we had the bad snow last year… I would love to go back when it is snowing just to do that!
While we were at Eden Hall James and I both had two treatments, one that was included in our package that was just heavenly! I fell asleep during mine so it must have been good, we were both so totally relaxed after this so we went to the Post-Treatment Conservatory and just nodded off for a while. My other treatment was a deluxe pedicure; which was so nice! My therapist was so lovely and friendly and made me feet feel and look super pretty! James had a Lava Shells rescue massage which he really enjoyed.
At lunch time we were treated to an absolutely gorgeous three course lunch in the seventh heaven restaurant… the food was amazing! You can choose a starter, main and dessert from the menu and then there is a buffet that you can just help yourself to as well! Every single bite was so delicious! We just stuck to a jug of water with our lunch but the drinks menu had everything from orange juice, smoothies and lots of different wines. So plenty of choice!
Our day didn’t end there; the next part of the package included a stay at Manor Court… the review for that will follow very soon!
* I received a lovely discount on my majestic stay package and treatments but I would happily pay the full price and will do so in future!