We love cycling and used to cycle quite a lot before we had the two little ones, when Boo was little I always used to say we will get a child seat for the bikes but we never got round to it, at the beginning of the summer I started to talk about it again mainly because it would make my life so much more convenient to have a bike with a child seat on for Bugs so when the opportunity to review a seat dropped into my inbox I was over the moon! No more nagging at my other half, no more looking at seats to decide which would be best!
The lovely people at Madison knew exactly what I needed and sent us a Bobike Tour Exclusive childseat and a Lazer P’Nut dragon helmet – as soon as I saw both of these products I was so excited and I could tell that they were both of really good quality! I asked the lovely people at my local bike shop to fit the seat for me as I am really paranoid when it comes to my children’s safety! The guys who fitted it were so impressed with the child seat they have taken the details to see about stocking them themselves, they said it was far and above the quality of any child seat they have ever stocked!
Bugs absolutely loves being in his seat and I feel really confident that he is safe and secure in there, the head and foot rests both extend a large amount to fit different sized children, Bugs is quite a tall boy so we have extended them out quite a way. The foot straps and harness are all really well made and are easy enough for me to use one handed whilst I fasten them and hold the bike steady as well. It did take me a few rides to get used to riding with such a heavy load and you really do need to have a very steady grip on it when getting off or the bike will easily topple over, but that is really to be expected when there is such a heavy weight on the back 😉
- With the Tour Exclusive you can take your child safely and comfortably along on the back of your bicycle with the maximum protection and comfort
- The seat has an integrated rear LED light and a head support that easily adjusts to your childs height and offers extra protection, even if your child falls asleep
- The Tour Exclusive will always have the right fit for your child because of the patented safety belt system and foot rests that easily adjust in length
- Easy to mounts to virtually any bicycle with its supplied one point mounting and luggage carrier mounting brackets
- The smart design of the 3-point patented safety belt system, with its ergonomically shaped shoulder section and unique upper closure keeps the safety belt from slipping off the childs shoulders and ensures a safe and comfortable sitting position
- Waterproof cushioned seat, spoke protectors, adjustable foot support trays and helmet recess ensure your child’s comfort
- Approved to the latest European strict safety standards EN 14344
The Lazer P’nut is a fantastic helmet, Bugs loves the design and will happily wear it! It has an autofit system that delivers equal and constant tension by eliminating the need to manually adjust helmet retention: simply pull the helmet on, and the front and rear baskets of the helmet will adjust themselves to provide a great fit. I love the shapes of it, it feels like it offers a lot more support and protection that other helmets I have seen but obviously I cannot speak about how safe it is as these things are only realised when an accident occurs but I am confident that it has been put through its paces! I also love that it comes with Lazer’s patented Crazy NutShell which means that you can easily change the look of the helmet by purchasing a different shell 🙂
Here are a couple of instagram photos to show a happy Bugs 😉 In the above photos he was getting a bit fed up of me taking photos and he just wanted to go for a bike ride! He loves his new seat and helmet and asks ALL THE TIME to go out on it! This has opened up a whole new world of adventures for us and we cannot recommend either products enough!
The Bobike Tour Exclusive will set you back £129.99 and comes in six colours – pink, green, black, cream, grey and blue. It is suitable for children weighing from 9 to 22 kilos, ages 9 months – 6 years.
The Lazer P’Nut costs £34.99 and comes in many other colours and designs.
For more information head over to Madison