So next year is the year I turn 40! I can’t quite believe how fast it has come around but it has. It seems like I only just left school myself when it fact I have a 20 year old! This year I have totally changed my life and I really want to embrace the future… especially the year I turn 40! So I’ve put together a list of things that I would like to do next year… the year I turn 40!
1. Have a 3/4 night stay at Lapland – This has been a big dream of mine for such a long time and 2017 is going to be the year that it happens! I am so excited!!
2. Run a half marathon – Right now this seems impossible but I will do it!
3. Get married – We got engaged on Christmas Day 2015 after being together for 12 years, I said I wanted to get married before I was 40. We haven’t started planning this yet and I think we just want to go away and do it so will probably try to tie it in with one of our holidays.
4. Go indoor skydiving – I love the look of this and am to scared to do an actual skydive so this seems like a good alternative.
5. Eat at a Michelin starred restaurant – We have a 2 starred Michelin restaurant not too far away from us and we have been wanting to eat there for some time so this has to be the year to do that!
6. Book a lodge/yurt with a outdoor hot tub – I just love the idea of sitting in a hot tub with a glass of wine while the kids are fast asleep indoors 😉
7. Have a family helicopter ride – I went up in a helicopter with my Mum and siblings when I was little and absolutely loved it so I would love to take my kids in one too.
8. Have a two week beach/pool holiday – We haven’t really had a proper relaxing holiday as a family yet so this is most definitely on the cards for 2017!
9. Maintain a healthy weight – So in 2016 I lost over 4 stone and I am in such a good place, I now need to learn to maintain that.
10. Move house or make our current house a home – 2017 is going to be the year where we decide whether we are going to move to a more suitable home or stay put and have lots of work done. Either way I can’t wait!
11. Learn something new – I am really not sure what yet… so if you have any good ideas please leave your suggestions in the comments below.
12. Get a tattoo – I only want a teeny tiny one.
13. Visit a spa – I’d love to spend a whole day at a spa and get a massage. 14. Sit on the beach and watch the sunrise – Someone once asked me where was one place I would go before I died… the beach watching the sunset or rise was my answer. I feel a total peace on the beach watching the waves so this is my idea of total heaven.
15. Get all my family together for a meal – Hopefully I’ll manage to get my family together to celebrate my birthday at some point, we really don’t see each other enough and I miss them so much.
So that’s it… 15 things that I really want to do during 2017 to make turning 40 a little easier 😉
I’ll be pinning this post to the top of my blog for the whole of 2017 and I’ll cross of each activity as I do it, of course I’ll also be blogging about each one because wow there is some serious blog fodder there.